Bishop T.D. Jakes will host the annual ManPower Conference, a gathering of men from all walks of life, backgrounds, and cultures who come together to discover their God-given gifts and talents and gain essential tools to enhance their spiritual journeys. ManPower is an exhilarating three-day conference, held Thursday, August 11 – Saturday, August 13, 2011 in Dallas at The Potter’s House, featuring eminent speakers, such as Bishop T.D. Jakes and other renowned guests who will share inspirational messages to men. This year’s theme is ‘Breaking New Ground’.
ManPower, created by Bishop T.D. Jakes, is designed to address the specific needs, hurts, and struggles of all men from a biblical perspective.The first ManPower conference was held in 1994 in Detroit, Michigan. In 2003, ManPower was held in Atlanta, Georgia, where more than 44,000 men attended and millions more watched from home, as the event was aired live internationally in both English and Spanish. Years later, ManPower continues to equip and encourage men to build strong marriages, increase their confidence and take on
community responsibilities. To date, ManPower has drawn over 150,000 men from around the world.
The ManPower conference not only takes the needs of men into account, but also the needs of different cultures. This year, the conference will offer Spanish audio translation and has partnered with America’s preeminent Latino Christian organization, the National Christian Hispanic Leadership Conference (NCHLC), which has over 20 million members. The NCHLC has made ManPower 2011 its official event.
Featured conference speakers include:
- Bishop T.D. Jakes, senior
pastor of The Potter’s House, a global humanitarian organization and 30,000-member nondenominational, multicultural church located in Dallas and named “America’s Best Preacher” by Time Magazine
- Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, senior pastor of the California-based Christian Worship Center and named by The Wall Street Journal as one of “America’s 7 Most Influential Hispanic Leaders”
- Apostle Ron Carpenter, senior pastor of Redemption World Outreach Center in Greenville, South Carolina, entrepreneur and host of the television show, “Redemption Today,” which is broadcast worldwide on Trinity Broadcast Network
- Bishop I.V. Hilliard, co-founder of the New Light Christian Center Church, with multiple locations in Houston and Austin, Texas
- Pastor Bill Winston, founder and pastor of Living Word Christian Center in Forest Park, Illinois, and Tuskegee Christian Center in Tuskegee, Alabama
The 2011 ManPower Conference will be held at The Potter’s House of Dallas; 6777 W. Kiest
Boulevard; Dallas, TX. Registration is $40. For more information or to register
for the 2011 ManPower Conference, visit www.manpowerconfercence.com or call 1-800-BISHOP2.